This Weeks Inbox Question:
"How do I work on changing my perception about myself? I hate my body, I'm not happy with myself. I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror. I don't know who I am. I am not as pretty as other women. I feel ugly. I need help. What do it do?"
Over the last month, women have messaged me with similar statements and questions like the ones above. Being a woman is tough. We are hard on ourselves without help from anyone. Women suffer with the "superwoman complex" which is an self-imposed unrealistic expectation to perform under pressure, take a licking and keep on ticking mentality along with the illusion woman can do everything.
My Response and Advice:
The Hard Questions
Answering these questions might require counseling or coaching:
1. Who does God say you are? What is your God given purpose? What are you pretending not to know about who you were born to be. Is it hard to see yourself in a positive light, if yes, why?
2. Who gets to determine how you feel about yourself? What or who influences your thoughts about you? Who told you you weren't pretty, worthy of love and deserving of an abundant life? Who hurt you? Who do you need to forgive? Are you ready to move on with your life? Are you ready to do something different in order to manifest something new?
1. Recite positive affirmations and pray God's word everyday (Very Important).
2. Speak life about yourself and situation (Avoid Negative Talk).
3. Evaluate your circle and make changes as needed.
4. Ask for help and accountability from someone you trust to support you.
5. Know you have the power to change but it will require dedication & hard work.
6. Be open to counseling and or coaching if you aren't't able to process this alone.
7. Forgive yourself for your mistakes & move on; no one is perfect.
8. Start a journal.
9. Find new hobbies and occupy your time with things you enjoy.
10. Give back - Give yourself purpose by investing time in something greater than yourself.
11. Learn to Trust yourself and your instincts (Very Important)
12. Give Yourself credit for the small things. Celebrate every victory...
My prayer for you is that you will allow God to love you past your pain, deepest fears & emotional wounds. Let His love heal you and make you new from the inside out. Renew your mind daily with the Word of God and choose to believe that you are the apple of His eye. You have been bought with a price and Jesus is always with you. Know that He desires for you to live in abundance and be in health. Find yourself in His reflection and truth and let your light shine.
As always, I hope I have earned the pleasure of your time, thank you for being here.
Have a beautiful day - Share Love, Grace & Kindness to yourself first & others second.
Stronger, Wiser, Better; But Don't Test Me!
#Share #Comment #Like #JoinMyTribe #SmileBecauseYouCan
Welcome to Kay's Korner..I hope you connect, create and find transparency, love and encouragement here. I am here for you and me! Let's make everyday worth living.